9.21.2005



all right....it's another wild day for me, so here is my shpeel: out of all of the things that my mom yelled at me about last night to get done over the next couple of days(financial aid, activating a phone with more minutes and covering more area, buying groceries, buying clothes and shoes and a big winter coat), the issue that she pressed the most was formalized, hand-written THANK YOU NOTES!!! The fact that we are practically throwing a block party next weekend isn't enough hospitality to our neighbors.... HAND WRITTEN WITH ALL OF OUR NEIGHBORS FULL NAMES AND SIGNATURES FROM 5 PEOPLE(the students in the house with all different schedules) ON EVERY ONE??!!!?? i really wanted to ask if her dealer could ship something to philadelphia for me....

She said that i should show my southern hospitality and that this was how it was going to be expressed....finishing school is rearing it's big ugly chewbacca head...oh and that's another thing...apparently i have a new nick name as given to me by my insane roommates....the big chewbacca. you know you really get to know people alot better when you live in close quarters with your school friends, and then they drive you INSANE!!! WHY am i called the big chewbacca?? am i a star wars freak? am i covered in hair from head to toe?? do i make the chewbacca sound when i laugh?? NO...they just like to call me the big chewbacca...i've asked them several times why, and they just say that i'm a big chewbacca....Why did i have to shack up with bored and sobering up New Orleans students.....WHY?? oh yeah, i'm one of them. The collective maturity level of our house is probably 13....they locked me in the basement(laundry room) and turned out the lights the other day...fuckers. My undergraduate time was never this insane. sometimes it's funny, but most of the time it's pretty annoying to live with 22/23 year olds without some sense of ridiculousness about them....am i becoming an old fogey chewbacca....MAYBE.

AND KEEP IT DOWN, DOWN THERE, SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO GET THEIR BEAUTY SLEEP....a girl has got to keep her coat looking glossy...

Erin M. Keith

UPenn School of Design Student

then again maybe they are just trying to keep me young...(**thinking**) Not quite...

Other nicknames from my past: Er-Head, E-Rock, Er-Bear, The Mouth, and Loud Girl, and how could i forget: sleeps in theory, now to add this one to the list....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home