5.23.2006

situation:

the professor that i had been working with[verderber] over this last semester said that the client really wanted me to stay on the project after i graduated...but said that i would only be able to get a minimum amount of money meaning that i would have to move AGAIN back to dfw for the rest of my job search...

i told verderber my financial situation and he said that he would be more than happy to speak to the client on my behalf to negotiate for more money.

i get a phone call on friday from the client[new orleans mission] offering me 3200 for 2 months of work on LEED and a free place to stay at the New Orleans Womens Shelter.....[i was shocked] and when my voice finally found me i thanked them for the free offer of a place to stay but i had already signed a lease...and that i would discuss the amount that they would pay me on tuesday after our standard meeting at 10am....

for the last couple of days i've been stressing: in the next week depending on the outcome of the tuesday discussion i would have a little over a week to pack all my stuff in new orleans, say my goodbyes and move back to dallas....if they didn't offer to pay me enough...


resolution:

when i met with the client today after the tuesday meeting...he said that he understood my financial situation and would be willing to pay me whatever amount that would keep me in new orleans[for 2 months] to continue on the project....
and he was VERY open to discuss with me what i would need!!!

so i'm thinking that the professor i was working with was thinking more for the project than for what would actually help me...

but all is cleared now:
i have enough time to work on my portfolio
i have enough time to be able to move into my sublet for the semester
i have enough time to go home and visit my family and friends for more than 6 hours[that's how much time i had with them during graduation]

life is good so far!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home